Raw Material for Various Products Including Cosmetics
Hydroxyapatite [Ca10 (PO4)6(OH)2], a calcium phosphate group, is a major component accounting for 97% of teeth enamel and 65% of bone. Most apatite is a chemical synthetic substance refined from calcium originating in ore mineral such as limestone. Coral Apatite is the world’s only apatite manufactured from the natural material of Yonaguni fossil coral and is produced by our proprietary technology.
Higher biocompatibility than other apatites
Apatite is biocompatible due to its chemical structure. Coral Apatite is made from fossil coral material containing over 70 kinds of minerals which dissolved in seawater in ancient times, including the calcium, phosphate, magnesium, etc. for teeth and bones. Thus Coral Apatite has higher biocompatibility than other apatites.
Low crystallinity. Each molecule sticks together, but they are not firmly combined with each other, enabling the following properties.
– Molecules have an amphoteric ion exchange property, which allows flexible reaction to other materials.
– Coral Apatite features adsorptivity of organic materials such as sugar, protein, fat, bacteria, pigments and odors.
– It also features adsorptivity of toxic metals such as cadmium, lead, mercury and palladium. It therefore far excels the adsorptive properties of ordinary crystallized hydroxyapatite.
Coral Apatite has wide potential for use in various products such as cosmetics, quasi-drugs, industrial materials, filters, and many more.
– Dentifrice. Coral Apatite promotes re-calcification to repair the surface of teeth and adsorbs and removes dirt and bacteria.
It prevents heavy metal allergic reactions due to palladium used for silver-crowned teeth and gold-capped teeth.
– Soap, cleansing cream, facial treatment masks, foundation. Coral Apatite adsorbs and removes lipid peroxide caused by oxidized sebum.
– Water filters and exhaust gas filters. Cadmium and lead is replaced with calcium by ion exchange and adsorbed.
– Filling material for chromatographic columns.
– Others. Hair dyes, functional clothing for body odor treatment by impregnating deodorant in fibers or shoe insoles.
Re-calcification test of permanent teeth, Pigment Adsorption, Oral Bacteria Adsorption, Palladium Adsorption, Heavy Metal Adsorption, Odor Substances Adsorption, Lipid Peroxide Adsorption Test Reports